9.08.2010

The fears of Mother Nature







There is one thing in Texas that I am horribly terrified of. Tornados. Right now we are under a heavy tornado watch and it's coming straight towards us. It becomes even more real when it turns to a tornado warning. That means there have been sightings. 


**Update** As I type this the spotted a tornado on the ground about 30 miles away.


For the past 10 minutes my mom and I have been getting things ready: mattresses to cover our heads in the bathtub or the closet, extra water, food, and lanterns. 


I just summoned the boys in from outside, just in time too the rain is starting to pour and the winds are picking up. Now my heart is pounding, there is a tornado right now going through downtown Dallas. Im holding onto my kids and my husband so tight they won't be able to breathe. 


Wish us luck!

4 comments:

Alexa Mae said...

Oh girl, that is so scary. I remember when we had one here a couple months ago and our whole neighborhood was frantic. Tornados are so so scary. I am wishing you luck! Keep us updated! xoxo

ConnieB said...

I know how you feel!! Oklahoma was horrible and I did see some! You'll be okay but yes do use those mattresses and if large hail starts get your helmets- it's known to bust through roofs in Oklahoma so I bet Texas isn't much different. Tell us what happened! But you'll be okay, I'm sure (:

Spence Ohana said...

I hear ya, that's the one thing I don't think I will ever get used to here in Texas - extremem weather. We usually don't get the tornados like Dallas or the hurricanes like Houston but we get crazy thunderstorms. And this tropical storm that came through and up to you guys caused major flooding in North Austin (45 minutes North of us) and we too had tornado watch up in that area. All is well here though, praying the same for y'all!

Unknown said...

Oh my GOSH! That is so scary!

I hope it just passes over you!