4.07.2008

Bryson's morning routine

A few weeks ago I went to dinner with some of my girlfriends, both of whom had 2 kids already. We were talking about our kids...that always seems to be the topic to talk about these days...but they were telling me how their older kids sleep in their own rooms. Well at this point Bryson would not fall asleep unless we would lay there with him, and in our bed! I know we are crazy. Sometimes it took us an hour and a half to get him to sleep. And that took away from Chris and I spending time together. So my girlfriends told me to just put him in his room and let him cry. So one night while Chris was at his friends house, I did it. I knew I couldn't have done it while Chris was there he would have felt so bad and went in and laid with him. But it only took Bryson 20 minutes of screaming crying and he finally feel asleep. Pretty good huh? I went in to check on him and he was on his bed. Of course he had knocked down his basketball hoop, knocked books off his shelf and took out almost all his toys. But he was still on his bed.
Well lately, the point of my story, he will wake up in the morning usually between 6:30 and 7:30, open his door, turn around and pull it shut, and if I am still in bed (which I normally am) he will come and open our door and turn around and shut it and then come in to bed with me. We don't have door knobs we have the pull down handles on our doors that's why he can open them. So now everytime he opens a door he has to shut it after he leaves the room or comes into a room. I just think it is amazing how he knows that the doors have to shut after you open them. He is such a smart little boy. That just goes to show that he is watching everything we do and everyday he learns more and more. What a blessing it is to have him in our lives.

11 comments:

eva said...

It's a blessing to me, Mom, to see you growing and learning as a mom yourself. Although, I've been telling you all along to let him cry in his room! :) I still love you!

Born2Save said...

Tat!
I didn't know you had a blog....it's so cute! I can't believe how big Bryson and Jaxon are! You're right, we really do need to get together. We're going on a cruise this weekend and won't be back until next weekend. After that though.....BBQ for sure!

Chelsey Howard said...

Dude I hate when Shea does that (closes) the doors because she doesn't do it softly and it always wakes up Lilly! Your so lucky Jaxon sleeps through stuff.

John and Melanie said...

Your boys are darling! I'm so glad I found you- Good luck with the Cry it out. Hopefully they wont last too much longer. We just put out little jack in his own room... and had a few nights of that ourself. But, he's in a crib so he cant knock over all his books, toys etc. Some day we'll move him to a bed, and then what?!? That's so cute he shuts the doors! What a big boy! I love watching them discover new things. My little guy is 16 months. Aren't little boys the best?

The Rogers said...

I am so glad you found my blog! I can't believe you have two boys! It seems like yesterday we were watching our Husbands play basketball and you were getting ready to have your first! Cute family! And you look so great! Its so good to see you!

Taralee said...

I recently let Brody cry it out too. He did it for two nights and now he sleeps all the way through. I took some sleeping medicine so that I wouldn't get all paranoid and weird and stuff...worked like a charm. (Is that bad??) ha ha. Anyway, if I only knew it would take 2 days of him crying for like 30 minutes...I would have done it A LONG time ago.
Way to go Bryson!!

Unknown said...

Life is just so much more enjoyable when kids go to sleep easily!

I am glad the advice worked! Thats what friends are for!

When are we going to do dinner again? Chelsey and I were thinking sometime next week??

LafeNLacy said...

Hi Tatiana! I'm so glad you found our blog. Congratulations on your darling little family. We used the same method to get Stetson to sleep, too. I had to hide out in the other room, watching TV and eating ice cream, because I couldn't stand listening to him cry! But it does work and it's definitely worth it in the end.

Anonymous said...

Hey tat, how are you? your blog is so cute, i miss you we need to get together soon before i move far far away to the cold. love ya, jenna

Brittney Blount said...

Hey Tat, I haven't seen you forever! I can't believe you have 2 kids and I did not know Madison was married. Looks like you guys are doing great! Keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

You are so funny. Tat you are such a cute mom. I can give you no advice.... sounds like you are doing a good job.