We had just sat down to eat lunch when Bryson started throwing up! It got all over the table, all over his clothes and shoes, all over my shoes. And it kept coming! To make it worse we were sitting at a able that everybody had to walk by. Luckily no one noticed (at least they didn't make it known they noticed) and luckily no little kid walking by said "Eww". But this lady sitting at the next table was just watching, and I am like sorry about this. Anyways, we cleaned him off. Chris took his clothes into the bathroom and rinsed them out. There was Bryson, sitting at the table in nothing but his diaper. We kind of ate, by that time we pretty much lost our appetite. After we ate we thought we would just go see the big animals, you know the lions and tigers. All of which were taking a nap. We were passing the baboon and this lady said "Ah! He's throwing up!" Once again we made a trip to the bathroom this time it got all over the stroller and actually in his diaper. I know gross right? We cleaned up and said ok we are done. Needless to say we only spent maybe an hour and a half there. Poor Bryson. I have no idea what made him throw up. It could have been a combination of the heat and..I don't know. But after we left the zoo, he didn't throw up anymore. I guess he was just telling us he was done there. So hopefully before it gets too hot we can take him again and actually visit more of the animals.
4.21.2008
A day at the zoo...gone wrong
This past weekend Chris and I decided to take the boys to the zoo. It started off a perfect day. Not too hot, a little breezy. Perfect. So we packed up the boys and we were off. We got there and started walking around. Ok, when you go to the zoo don't you want to see the animals in motion?? The animals hardly EVER move. I think the only animal we saw in motion was the giraffe. The monkeys weren't even swinging. But I still love going it's just amazing how big these animals really are. Plus we really wanted to take Bryson...
The Giant Tortoise was the first animal we came too. It's been a while since I have been to the zoo so this was so cool to me. I have only seen these on TV and this creature was HUGE!!
Bryson's reaction to the tortoise. So the zoo is right by the airport and Bryson loves planes. I think he was more interested in the planes flying above then he was with the animals. Probably because they weren't moving! But I would try to point out the giraffe and he just kept pointing at the planes with his mouth open. It was still cute.
When we got there I realized that I had totally forgotten the sunscreen. So we had to buy some, a little tiny tube cost $10.00! Then Jaxon needed a hat to cover his practically bald hat...$25.oo!Note to self, don't forget the necessities because they always cost way more at the park then they do in real life.
This is the last picture I was able to take of Bryson before it all went down hill...
We had just sat down to eat lunch when Bryson started throwing up! It got all over the table, all over his clothes and shoes, all over my shoes. And it kept coming! To make it worse we were sitting at a able that everybody had to walk by. Luckily no one noticed (at least they didn't make it known they noticed) and luckily no little kid walking by said "Eww". But this lady sitting at the next table was just watching, and I am like sorry about this. Anyways, we cleaned him off. Chris took his clothes into the bathroom and rinsed them out. There was Bryson, sitting at the table in nothing but his diaper. We kind of ate, by that time we pretty much lost our appetite. After we ate we thought we would just go see the big animals, you know the lions and tigers. All of which were taking a nap. We were passing the baboon and this lady said "Ah! He's throwing up!" Once again we made a trip to the bathroom this time it got all over the stroller and actually in his diaper. I know gross right? We cleaned up and said ok we are done. Needless to say we only spent maybe an hour and a half there. Poor Bryson. I have no idea what made him throw up. It could have been a combination of the heat and..I don't know. But after we left the zoo, he didn't throw up anymore. I guess he was just telling us he was done there. So hopefully before it gets too hot we can take him again and actually visit more of the animals.
We had just sat down to eat lunch when Bryson started throwing up! It got all over the table, all over his clothes and shoes, all over my shoes. And it kept coming! To make it worse we were sitting at a able that everybody had to walk by. Luckily no one noticed (at least they didn't make it known they noticed) and luckily no little kid walking by said "Eww". But this lady sitting at the next table was just watching, and I am like sorry about this. Anyways, we cleaned him off. Chris took his clothes into the bathroom and rinsed them out. There was Bryson, sitting at the table in nothing but his diaper. We kind of ate, by that time we pretty much lost our appetite. After we ate we thought we would just go see the big animals, you know the lions and tigers. All of which were taking a nap. We were passing the baboon and this lady said "Ah! He's throwing up!" Once again we made a trip to the bathroom this time it got all over the stroller and actually in his diaper. I know gross right? We cleaned up and said ok we are done. Needless to say we only spent maybe an hour and a half there. Poor Bryson. I have no idea what made him throw up. It could have been a combination of the heat and..I don't know. But after we left the zoo, he didn't throw up anymore. I guess he was just telling us he was done there. So hopefully before it gets too hot we can take him again and actually visit more of the animals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Poor little guy! I don't think it was the heat. A lot of the family got sick like he did. I'm glad he got to see so many airplanes! I miss the boys
I love Jaxon'a hat! I wish you got a picture of him out of the stroller.
I hate the zoo when it's hot and the animals aren't moving! Poor Bryson, glad he's doing better. I think he was sick because he wanted to play with Brooke.....just a thought! :)
p.s. You are so good at keeping up on your blog....I'm jealous!
Oh Tat! That sucks. I've said it before, and I'll say it agian, there is nothing worse than sick kids. But that's good that he's feeling better:)
AHHH.... Poor little guy!
I guess next time you'll bring a change of clothes... right??
I just love your posts. A day at the SEEMED like a good idea huh? Last time I went was for a college class. Not so much fun when your like 24 and going with a bunch of other 24 year olds. ha ha. I guess I did like the turtles. They were Sa-weet.
Post a Comment