5.15.2008

Good things, frustrating things and McCormick Ranch

This past week, Jaxon decided to start moving! I put him on a blanket with his toys and when I came back and checked on him, he was off the blanket. He is growing so fast. I can't remeber Bryson being this fast with everything. It helps having an older sibling that you watch constantly. They are so cute together. Bryson will go up to him and start talking to him and then Jaxon just starts racking up. He has the cutest laugh! We are working on him rolling over. It always happens that one arm gets stuck.

Bryson has been having this thing that everytime we go to the car he has to have his water...and it used to be a ball. But he found out this some of his dump truck books are in a carrying case so he had to bring that out. He has been saying so many new words like within the past 3 days. Some words that have come into his vocab are: dump truck or in his words "ump ckuck", truck (everything is a truck), socks or "ocks", outside or "side", Jaxon, more or "me me" I am pretty sure this means more because when he says it he is usually holding up his bowl or cup. The most recent one is juice. When he says this he sticks his cute lips out and says "ooce". He makes me so proud! Now the next step is saying them in a little sentence.
A litte bit sadder news, Jaxon is sick. During the winter he got RSV and we had to give him breathing treatments. Well I didn't know from now on everytime he gets sick he will really get sick because of that RSV. So I am thinking that it is a little cold that they will just tell me to let it take its course, like they told me with Bryson. But that wasn't the case. Tuesday, Chris had to take him to the doctor cause I was working and it turns out he has an ear infection and we have to give him treatments again. She said I waited too long to take him in. How was I supposed to know!?!? And to make things worse for the little guy, he has Ezcema. But he gets it worse because he has milk protein allergy. They have me putting a steriod cream and auqaphor on him and some other cream on his face. The doc also took him off regualr formula and has him on soy. Well i took him off that last week cause he would not eat it and they had told me to stop giving him to steriod cream cause you are only supposed to do that 2 weeks at a time. But I kept putting aquaphor on it, the rash still wasn't going away. The doc told Chris "why did she take him off that" and why this and why that? blah blah blah. Needless to say she made me feel like crap. What am I supposed to do if my baby is not eating and spitting up everytime he drink the soy. So it made me look like a bad mother and it just made me so angry. So now I have him on a different brand of soy then they told me and I am putting the creams on him. Of course he looks better because he is back on the steriod cream! Ah it's just so frustraing. And he is still spitting up the milk. Seriously, can it get any worse for him?
How sad does this look?!? Through this torture he is still smiling!
This past weekend, my mother-in-law was watching Chris's sister kids for the week so we decided to take them to McCormick ranch. First it was the zoo but that was way too busy. But I am glad we went here. It was so cute to see the kids love the trains. Bryson LOVED the trains. I recommend taking your kids there.
They have a little tiny train that you just sit on this piece of wood. Kinda scary but fun. Tayte hated it. We started going and he started crying saying "no more no more". When we would come around to where Grandma was sitting he would say "Hi Grandmas" through his sobs. It was so sad and cute.

Tayte's smile is priceless. Bryson was a little scared the second time around.
Tylee and I rode on the big train, Chris and Bryson were behind us. Tayter didn't ride on anymore trains that day. It was a fun day all around!

10 comments:

eva said...

Oh Mi'ja! Jaxon looks so sweet with his mask! What a trooper. Bryson is just a stud muffin. I love Tayte's smile. Love you, Mom

Chelsey Howard said...

The ranch looks like fun! That's not fun that Jaxson is sick:( I'm sorry. When shea would get ear infections she would spit up and throw up a lot too, but instead of switching formula I would just use a lactose free kind or water her regular formula down a lot until the ear infection went away. And its hard to keep up with all the diff. things to do with your kids when you aren't the one taking them to the doc. I didn't know you worked. When did you start that again?

Taralee said...

Oh that picture of Jax with the mask thing on made me so sad. :( Poor thing. I hope he starts feeling better. AND, there is no way in HELL that you are a bad mother. Are you kidding me?? Sometimes doctors tend to takes things to the extreme. I love my doctor...he is so relax about everything. Anyway, he'll be better in no time. Just do your thing.
The train place looks fun. It's funny that the little guy didn't like it...funny, but sad...mostly funny. :) Alright, well we get to see in like 1 week!!

Born2Save said...

Call me! Believe me, you really don't want to use the steroid cream longer than you're supposed to, it will thin out his skin. Which cream is it? They make non-steroid creams for kids under 3 that have eczema. If he does have eczema then you need to be careful what you are bathing him in and if he's ultra sensitive you may even have to change your laundry detergent. I'll print out a list of things for you next time I'm at work. Your doc sounds like a beast.

admin said...

thank you so much for the kind words. i remember hearing that chris had gone through some rough times to, and i've always kept you two in my thoughts. some times are harder than others, but i do my best to keep my chin up!

oh, and i can't even believe how big tylee and tayte are getting, not to mention your boys, sheesh!

Taralee said...

You get to see us on FRIDAY!! 2 days!! You better be excited!! What time are you going to get here? Trace works on Friday night...but maybe he'll be able to get off early.
Drive safe!
Oh and PS. Maybe bring swimsuits and we could go to our friends pool and swim...maybe.

Anonymous said...

Your poor baby- and poor you! That does not sound like fun at all- Doctors can be a little critical sometimes- we didn't all go to medical school! I hope he starts feeling better :) Your boys are so cute!
Oh- and I will let you know if I get more of the black and gold dresses in for sure :)

☂niki. said...

awww...the little face mask is so sad, yet so cute!!

Taralee said...

So Trace and I have decided that you guys need to move up here ASAP! Even though it's Pootah...but we could make is kick ass! :)
Thanks for coming up for a visit though. I had fun...hope you guys did. It was great to just hang out.

Spence Ohana said...

Sometime docs can be so insensitive. You were only following docs orders and going with mother's instinct.

Cute pics from the train place!