7.14.2008

Wanna see something sick?

I got this bite on my shin like 3 weeks ago. I didn't even notice it until one day I itched it and said where did that come from. As time went on the thing got infected!! I wasn't sure what was going on. My lef would get numb just standing in one place. My shin felt like it had a constant shin splint. Which I thought it was at first cause Chris and I had gone running (don't think we do that often). But this is what it looked like from the side. See huge!
From the top view. It looks innocent enough right?
Every one gathered around to operate on my leg. I will let you know that I was crying and yelling at Chris to stop the whole time. They have a needle there poking at it. It hurt. Tylee and Tayte were so worried about me and telling me it was ok. If I even put pressure on my leg it killed. Now the good part... On tuesday after being pursured by my mother and my husband..who had told me to go in the first place, I had finally given up and gone to the doctor. I don't like going to the doctor. I hate taking medicine, I just like things to heal or go away on its own. Not in this case. She decides to numb my leg, which for some reason I don't take anesthia very well (i.e. I felt my delivery to Jaxon). And I always forget that so when she asked me if I do take them well I said oh yeah. Stupid, stupid response. She poked me sooo many times trying to get my leg numb. She gave me so much medicine. I could feel around it but right on the actual bit, there was some what of a numbness. Dr. Chang took a razor blade...razor bladed my bite to get some puss out. She got nothing! NOTHING!! And get kept razoring it! And I kept crying! So we left, she gave me some pain killers (couldn't have gotten through the night without them). I couldn't even walk on my leg, it hurt so bad. So while we were up at the cabin during the fourth, Chris said we need to push the puss out again. That yellow stuff is what we got. And it kept flowing out. Once again I was crying. But this time it was like ok I'm done with this beast get it out of me. So I sucked it up. You don't even understand how bad this sucker hurt. I have never had a bit get infected before.
After he pushed most of the puss out we realized I had a freaking hole in my leg where the puss pocket had been. When all was said and done, it looked better and my leg felt better. The scab is almsot gone and my leg is almost back to its attractiveness. Moral of the story, if you get a bite and it hurts and starts swelling dont wait, go to your doctor!

11 comments:

admin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
admin said...

OMGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!! that reminds me of what i went through on my eye and on my chin! have they done a culture?? make sure they rule out staph because it is such an awful thing to go through!

Spence Ohana said...

Ouch! You poor thing.

Taralee said...

That is so gross. I seriously almost puked when I saw that picture of the yellow gunk running down your leg. GROSS!!! (seriously, I'm gagging right now.)
I'm glad it's better though. Good thing they didn't have to amputate your leg. THat wouldn't have been good.

Unknown said...

That looks so painful!!!! OUCH!

Brannon and Leslie said...

Oww. When all else fails go to the doctor I guess. I love it that the kids were all up in there watching. Too funny

The Elders said...

ok crazy...that is like my biggest fear. yipes! what but you? did they ever say, nevermind don't tell me, i really don't want another thing to be a hypochondriac about. lets hang out already, jack can't really play yet, but i'm sure your boys can show him the ropes.

Chelsey Howard said...

That is freaking gross! That sucks!!! Trevor responds the same way to medication, he has to totally overdose if he wants it to work! I'm glad it's better though, it looks like it hurts like a mother! OUCH! Your poor beautiful leg:(

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh!!

*Becky* said...

Tatiana I haven't seen you in so long!! How are you?? Well I must say that your leg looks like you have been bitten my a brown recluse spider (or arizona brown if you want to be technical). I have been bitten by them before (4x). One of them was the worse and it made my thigh swollen, and it hurt like no other. you Dr should have just given you an antibiotic, augmentin, not razor blade your leg off! I hope it's getting better. Anyway, cute family and cute page. Now we can keep in contact!

Marshall and Dana said...

Hey Tatiana!! We totally need to get together! We are down in Gilbert now. I can't believe your leg!!!! Yuck! If you went to see the doctor Chang on southern, I hate her!! I went to her once and she did NOTHING for me. Jamie has also seen her and had a crappy experience. Anyways, lets get together soon.