11.05.2008
GCU
I have been wanting to post about this for a while but I needed some pictures to go with it. But Chris is going to school at Grand Canyon University and he got a scholarship to play volleyball for them! It is their first year with a NCAA men's volleyball team, the first EVER men's volleyball team in AZ! Eventhough the school is a Division II school, the men's volleyball plays all Divsion I teams, which is a big deal. The biggest game of the year will be against UCLA. He is their setter and I couldn't be more proud of him. I love watching him play and seeing how excited he gets. Chris doesn't show his emotions that much, except when he's mad, but on the court he lights up. I love to see him get so estatic after a great play. I am so glad he has volleyball to help him get through school and the stresses of school. This past weekend they had a friendship tourny in Tucson. The first one. Actualy season doesn't start until January. But they played so awesome! And they didn't even have all their players. They have a few great players transfering in at semester, which is just going to make the team even more better. They made it to the finals and lost in 3 to the U of A alumni team. Chris was money the whole day. I am so excited for season but so sad at the same time because he will be gone like every weekend. They have a few games in Cali which we will be at for sure but the rest are on the east. They go to Chicago, Flordia, Missouri, like everywhere! Airline tickets are just too expesnive to make every single one. So that will be hard, we have never spent one night apart since we started dating. Wait, I lie, one night and that was when I had Jaxon he had to go to work the next morning. It is going to be such an awesome experience! I am going to brag, a little more, for a minute about my husband, but Chris has been playing volleyball since he was like 10. He has got the softest hands I have ever seen and if he gets a great pass he can put that ball where ever he wants it. In high school he made varsity when he was in 9th grade. His senior year he got Player of the Year. His junior and senior year his club team took 3rd at Nationals where he got All Tournament Team. Then he played for ASU's club team for 2 years. I know there is more I just can't think of them right now.
Nice pancake
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
It's about time! Chris is a great volleyball player! Dad and I hope to maybe go to Chicago and watch..tickets are a little cheaper from here to there for us. I hope Bryson is a volleyball player. He does get it from both his mom and dad. Too bad there isn't some way to clear up that picture of Chris setting...it looks cool! Way to go Chris!!!!! We are proud of him too! And you, for making the sacrifice of him being gone and working. We love you guys!!
I love your opener picture of the boys! What great smiles!!
Its so fun that you guys both love volleyball:) Its a good thing you love it, cause that's part of the reason you love to watch him, the other part is because you love your husband:) Your guys are cute:) You should join a city league since you love to play too!
I know, I'm so excited about girl night I could just pee (lol):0 But serioiusly, I could:) And I love you tat, but you are a flake. Its cool, we all have our faults:) I'm 99.9% of the time late if that makes you feel better, and I'm a little air headed when it comes to directions, okay basically when it comes to everything:)
Tat that is so cool. Tell Chris Congrats and that my husband is extremely jealous of him. Trevor loves to play volleyball,He is also a setter, he was all-state in high school so I am pretty sure they would be good competition.I am sorry that he has to leave you a lot on weekends, I don't know what I would do. Trevor and I have only spent one night apart since we've been married and that was because I wanted to stay at the dunes the day after thanksgiving instead of going back home with him to go to work. ha ha. Love ya
Hey that is so cool that your Hubby plays and that he is good!!! That makes it a lot more fun to watch!! It was good to see you guys and your cute boys and can't wait for our play dates! Call me!
Let me know if Chris' team ever plays in Cleveland. We would love to go watch! Mark is/was a volleyball player too. Do you think they'll play anymore pre-season games in Tucson? We will be there for Christmas and it would be fun to go see a game (and see you too of course!)
Post a Comment