I hadn't yet done my visiting teaching so Bryson and I made thse turkey treats to take to them.

Then came Thanksgiving Day!!!! A day of family, football and food. Luckily for us, we had the Cowboys and Cards playing in one day. It was awesome.
Game day!

We had the family over for Turkey dinner and Tyler, my brother in-law's fam came over too. It was so fun having everyone there.

The boys and their footballs. Jaxon was not happy about sharing his wagon.
Chris and Tyler playing football.
Tayter and Jaxon playing catch.
KICKBALL!!!

I was a killer pitcher!

Even the kids took turns kicking. Too bad it started to get more and more hot! But it was still so much fun.

Bryson kickin' back watching Toy Story after a long day of playing with cousins.
Chris decided at 10 o'clock that he was going to make homemade cinnamon rolls. He told me this story when he was 15 he made some and took them to the fire department. Something had happened and they came to the house, I can't remember why but to thank them he made them. And they loved it! Isn't he so sweet!!!


Bryson right in the mix wanting to be like his daddy.
The next morning we went to the cabin. It was soooo cold. I love going up there. It is gorgeous and relaxing!

Jaxon grabbing the soda. His feet are dangling off the ground. It was cute.

PLaying Boggle. We play so many games when we go up there. It's like the only time my husband will really play games. He cheats. But surprisingly he didn't cheat once! Darryl is crazy to play this game with, any word game, he knows every word! And he doesn't get the small words he will find like the 10 letter word. Insane. But he beats us every time!
There was some snow up there, it was left over from a snow they had a few nights before. We did see some flurrys but thats about it. It was B's first time seeing snow. He just kep saying "It's cold Momma".

Slipping on the ice.
His Car's boots were the best things my mom could have boughten for him. He never took them off!
We had the family over for Turkey dinner and Tyler, my brother in-law's fam came over too. It was so fun having everyone there.
The boys and their footballs. Jaxon was not happy about sharing his wagon.
KICKBALL!!!
I was a killer pitcher!
Even the kids took turns kicking. Too bad it started to get more and more hot! But it was still so much fun.
Bryson kickin' back watching Toy Story after a long day of playing with cousins.
Chris decided at 10 o'clock that he was going to make homemade cinnamon rolls. He told me this story when he was 15 he made some and took them to the fire department. Something had happened and they came to the house, I can't remember why but to thank them he made them. And they loved it! Isn't he so sweet!!!
Bryson right in the mix wanting to be like his daddy.
The next morning we went to the cabin. It was soooo cold. I love going up there. It is gorgeous and relaxing!
Jaxon grabbing the soda. His feet are dangling off the ground. It was cute.
PLaying Boggle. We play so many games when we go up there. It's like the only time my husband will really play games. He cheats. But surprisingly he didn't cheat once! Darryl is crazy to play this game with, any word game, he knows every word! And he doesn't get the small words he will find like the 10 letter word. Insane. But he beats us every time!
There was some snow up there, it was left over from a snow they had a few nights before. We did see some flurrys but thats about it. It was B's first time seeing snow. He just kep saying "It's cold Momma".
Chris and I took the Prowler out we got it sooo muddy. Everything was melty and the mud was even icy. He would go right through puddles on purpose. I had mud speckles all over my face and my blanket was covered in mud. During the spring and fall this spot is beautiful with green grass everywhere, we didn't want to go down there incase the trail was too icy and we got stcuk and couldn't come back. It's funny how cautious you get once you have kids. It was still freaking cold but we had a blast. 
He can't do anyting without his binki. Greeeaat.

Wrestling upstairs.

hahah Bryson fights dirty. He just plopped down right on top of his brother.
We had these stairs blocked so Jaxon couldn't climb up. Well Bryson found a way to get through and we were playing a game. I hadn't heard them so I went running to the stairs, they had made it to the very top. Jaxon was standing right at the top and I was just watching him cause he had made it right....well bad mother I am , he went toppling backwards and straight up rolled. I caught him after the third roll. I thought my reflexes would work faster but they didn't. Poor guy. But he was ready to go again. We had to find a more secure way for Bryson to not get in.

Bryson has never been good on stairs either so I taught him to go down on his belly. We had such a fun weekend.
Wrestling upstairs.
hahah Bryson fights dirty. He just plopped down right on top of his brother.
We had these stairs blocked so Jaxon couldn't climb up. Well Bryson found a way to get through and we were playing a game. I hadn't heard them so I went running to the stairs, they had made it to the very top. Jaxon was standing right at the top and I was just watching him cause he had made it right....well bad mother I am , he went toppling backwards and straight up rolled. I caught him after the third roll. I thought my reflexes would work faster but they didn't. Poor guy. But he was ready to go again. We had to find a more secure way for Bryson to not get in.
Bryson has never been good on stairs either so I taught him to go down on his belly. We had such a fun weekend.
The rest of my fam was in the dunes and I miss that so much. Chris and I have only gone when we were dating, sad. But I was thankful to spend time with his parents and his family! I love Thanksgiving cause now comes Christmas! Time to go pick out the perfect tree and get in the holiday spirit!!!



12 comments:
Looks like a fun time! I love kickball! How scary to see Jaxon fall on the stairs. It was probably like me watching you fall backwards off the stage at the church when you were one. I miss the boys. I miss Bryson saying "Nana hold you" all the time. And that huge smile from Jaxon. COME FOR CHRISTMAS!!!! i wish :(
Did Chris help clean the wax? Seems like the dad's always wait "just so you can see it". lol I just hear Tayte's little man voice.
oh so who was your great photographer who took the boy's pic at the top of your blog? Oh yeah it was me!!! haha
you better come visit me if you are so close. that would be so fun! We can even come up to chicago it is only like 2 hours. i miss you
That is so fun, yeah I kinda assumedyou guys would be at the dunes. But the cabin looks like just as much fun! I love the pic. of Chris and Bryson wrestling, silly boys:) I'm glad you guys had such a fun Thanksgiving:) Miss you. P.s. It is so funny how cautious you are after having kids:)
I can't believe how cute your boys are! It is seriously so good to hear from you and see your cute pictures. I'm happy to see my "little sister" doing so well.
What is your email address and I will send it through that? I don't want the whole world seeing my address....
I need yours too!
What a fun weekend you guys had! Great photos, and I love the new one of the boys for your blog header. Hope you guys are doing well!
Cute pics!! Looks like fun! Too bad you couldn't get to the dunes!
hey chris do uremember that one time the suns lost to the lakers by 5 points and i got really angry bc they are 13 and 10. i think oklahoma thunder has a better record than that.
Tat your family is so cute! I am floored that your husband knows how to make homemade cinnamon rolls! What a keeper! And I love the pics of your kids - so cute!
Your kids are so damn cute in beanies and hoodies! They look like little pimps! I love them.
So, how bout a new post? Were you just waiting for me to comment on this one?
Sorry about the wax. That truely sucks.
Are you going to be in H-town cabin during Christmas? We'll be there for 1 or 2 days.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Post a Comment