9.14.2010

Melt my heart, tears in my eyes kinda way



On the way home from picking Bryson up from school, I called our local school district to talk to the speech therapist about getting Jaxon tested, what are the steps we need to take, etc. (He has a speech problem if you didn't catch on.) After I got off the phone the conversation went a little like this:

Bryson: "Who were you talking to Mommy?"

Me: "A doctor to help Jaxon to talk better."

Jaxon: "No, I don't want to go to the doctor."

Bryson: "Brother you have to go to the doctor so you can talk   better."

Jaxon: "No" 

***When Jaxon talks he sounds like Blue Clues, just sounds for syllables and you have to decipher. However, some things do come out very clear.***

Bryson: "But Brother, if you go to the doctor you can talk like me!"

Jaxon: "OK!"


Looks like we're headed to the doctor.

5 comments:

Spence Ohana said...

Ah too sweet their brotherly love. Enjoying your more frequent blog posts. Hope y'all are enjoying living in Texas!

Unknown said...

We've been down that road before too. You'll be thankful once he is in a (free) program. Weston was in it for 2 school years plus we had a speech therapist come to our house once per week to work with him.

The younger the better.

Good luck!

Alexa Mae said...

how old is jaxon? i swear i thought maddix was a mute until she was like 2 1/2 years old. that is just the sweetest that jaxon adores his brother that much that he's willing to go to the doctor! precious.

p.s. the color on my walls look alot darker in that pic because it was contrasted. my color is avacado. but there is a color very close to the one in the pic called green apple both by behr!

Jess @ Reclaimed Marketplace said...

Love this post!

Rhiannon Bosse said...

This is the cutest thing ever. I am not sure what exactly your son is diagnosed with but I created this video on my neighbor for a final school project. I thought you would like it and maybe find some inspiration within it http://vimeo.com/11157862 Have a lovely day darling xoxox