10.20.2010

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me... or will they?



I knew this day would come, I just didn't know it would happen so soon. The day when your child tells you he doesn't love you anymore. 


I sat there minding my own business. I can hear Bryson yelling, telling me he is not tired yet and doesn't want to go to bed. When all of a sudden I hear a "Fine, I don't love you anymore!". 


*GASP* Arrow straight through the heart. I slumped over, told Chris what he just said and started to tear up. Chris marched into Bryson's room and had a little talk with him. I'm not sure what was said, but the next night Bryson informed Jaxon to not tell me he doesn't love me anymore. "It's not cool", he said. 


I guess that my child CAN and WILL say that me. He will probably say it again at least 100 times before he turns 7. Maybe the next time won't hurt as bad...right?



3 comments:

Spence Ohana said...

James started doing that this year when I would tell him things he couldn't do. Everytime I tell him it's not nice to say that and it hurts mommy's feelings. It's just their way of saying, "I don't like your decision."

ConnieB said...

Oh man! I would cry too! When Brody told me to "just go home" so he could play with only grandma, I cried. I know I shouldn't take it personal but it still hurts!

Liz said...

awww he doesn't mean it!! do you remember saying ridiculous things to your parents? Oh, I do! And now, nearing motherhood (well, in the next 5 years or so haha) I think more and more about how awful I was to them! Just know that they don't know what they're saying and years later they will regret it! You sound like an amazing mother!