6.18.2008

Father's Day Adventure

So this post is a little late, but for Father's Day, my dad, Chris and my sister's husband Antonio went skydiving. Chris and Tone knew about it but my dad found out friday night that they were going skydiving sunday morning. Chris and Tone had known for a few weeks (because they guessed it) and so they had some time to prepare. Get ready to see their skydiving experience!! It's a long one... At the beginning...
Bryson and Jordan put their heads through this and Bryson was trying to see what was on the board.
There was a ball on the ground and I told Jordan not to pick it up, well she walked away and stood there and folded her arms. If you knew my sister, this looks just like her when she was little.
Now this is Bailey... Chris and I call her Smush...or SMMMUUUSHH. Can you guess why??
Our little man
Just chillin on the bench waitin for Daddy.

And it really begins....the walk to plane.
The ride to the plane...
The three getting ready...can you ever be ready for this??
Is that a farewell sign?? :(
The enormous plane. For me this was the part I was most nervous about them doing. Small planes scare me.


Boarding the plane...
Unboarding the plane...
And the jump...
60 seconds of straight freefallin'.
And still fallin'.



120 mph wind hitting your face...you try to breath. Notice the plane they just jumped out of in the top left corner of this picture. CRAZY!
How amazing is that?!?!
Check out the sweet hair-do!
And still fallin'...
This is right before Chris pulls the cord for the parachute to come out.




There it goes...
The landing.. YAY they made it!!! Chris had a perfect landing while the other two crash landed!
Walking back to see his beautiful wife and handsome boys!
The whole "What the hell did I just do" look.
My dad..safe and sound reaction.
Overall, the boys loved their skydiving experience. I don't have many pictures of my dad and Tone because we didn't get pictures from their discs yet. But I couldn't wait any longer and this post is long as it is! Chris said he wasn't scared at all...Yeah right!! he siad it was the biggest adrenaline rush he has ever had in his life. Antonio was a little more freaking out then the rest of the gang. My dad wasn't scared, he was so excited to do this! But they said they would do it again. They say its mine and my sister's turn now. I'm down!! Wait...am I?





11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow- you gals are the coolest wives to set this up! How awesome! I am glad to hear that everything went ok. I went skydiving my senior year of high school, it was so scary- but definitely the biggest adrenaline rush- you will for sure have to take the plunge. On second thought, I don't know if I could do it again, especially if I have kid :/

Anonymous said...

Oh- and I forgot to mention that I am so stoked you love New Kids on the Block too! They are just classic- I had too add em' :)

Sharisa at Outstanding Occasions said...

Wow, you are so brave to let him do that, much less arrange it for him! What a fun idea though :) I love the look on his face when he was falling1

Spence Ohana said...

Wow what a cool Father's Day gift! The picture were great! We watched our neighbor sky dive last summer for Father's Day, when he landed he proposed to his girlfriend.

Unknown said...

What an awesome gift! I don't know if Tyer would do it??

Dick&Erica said...

I love the pictures in the air! My favorite part of skydiving was steering the parachute. I actually went during the year that I lived with Chris & fam. I don't think I told Margaret about it though!

Your dad looks more excited than anyone!

Chelsey Howard said...

I can't belive they did that! I would LITERALLY PEE MY PANTS!!!! You could pay me to do it, seriously! But I'm glad they had fun:)

Chelsey Howard said...

P.S. I have been a bad friend and not called you ever since PF Changs cause my flippin phone broke, I dont ever know how it happend but I just got a new one today, yeah we can be friends again:)

eva said...

So cool Mi'ja! I think you're ready!!!! Love, mom and dad

Brannon and Leslie said...

Oh my gosh. I had butterflies just looking at the pictures. I am so afraid of heights. But, how fun for them. Those pictures are amazaing.

Anonymous said...

How fun!