6.16.2008

Happy 50th Anniversary!

Saturday was such a special day for all of my mom's side of the family. It was my grandparents 50th Wedding Anniversary! We had spent months making plans for a party and it finally came together saturday. We went all out for this celebration. We dinner, of course Mexican food since we are mexican. There were Mariachi's during dinner and then we had a DJ. It was a great night. Here are my Nana and Tata on their wedding day June 14th, 1958.
Nana and Tata now. Aren't they cute??
They love dancing.
Bryson's favorite song is "Low" by Flo Rida and when this song came on he wasvall aboutt it. He sings the low, low, low, low part. What a pimp!
This is my cousin Benjamin and his fiance Kiki.
Sleeping through the music.

Me and my dad!
Nana doing the Cupis Shuffle. She was so cute doing this. We taught her the dance like 3 days before. She also joined in doing the Hustle and the Electric Slide.
So about the mustache....Chris decided he wanted to fit in with the rest of my family since the majority are Mexican. Did it work? Oh yeah. He fit in right with my uncles and the rest of the fam. He was so proud of it. He shaved it off right when we got home. He was still sexy...
Doin' the Stroll.
We are cute!! :)


This is a rare picture. Because my dad doesn't dance. But for the first maybr 3 or 4 songs, he danced! And it was to Mexican music!!
Bryson dancing with my mom.
Nana dancing with her sister and her niece.
Some of the crew dancing. We all love to dance!
Bryson found this sweep up thing and so for the last part of the night, he spent it sweeping the whole floor. What a good boy I have!
I am so grateful for my grandparents. They have done so much for our family. They have been through many trials and are still strong. I am glad we were able to share this wonderful day with them! I am glad they let us do this for them. They are both so stubborn it was hard for them to not help us and we kept it all a secret from them. They knew we were doing this but they didn't know all we were doing. But they had a good time visiting with all their friends and family. I love them so much!



11 comments:

Spence Ohana said...

Chris' mustache, what a crack up! :-) My parents just celebrated their 40th - we sent them to a Brad Paisley concert. What an awesome party you guys through for your grandparents! Hopefully we can all reach 50+ years with our spouses! :-)

Dick&Erica said...

I'm so glad the mustache was temporary! Your boys are always so stylish. I love their little shorts and converse.

Unknown said...

WOW! 50 years seems so long!

Brannon and Leslie said...

Oh that mustache is killing me. Too funny. He could totally pass as a Mexican!!!

Brittney Blount said...

What a cute family! You look gorgous! I miss your mom she was so fun.

Sharisa at Outstanding Occasions said...

Haha! I love your comment! We really are close to putting a team together! As long as Shannon and I both have two boy we'll be set! But at this rate, you two are more likely to have another boy before we get around to it :) That is so fun for your grandparent's anniversary. This year is my parent's 25th and we're gonna try and do a party, it looked like fun though!

Jenn & Collin said...

I LOVE the mustache!! Haha Collin lost a bet one time and had to shave his once beard to a handle bar mustache- which was hilarious! But I was SOO ready for him to shave it once the bet had ended!! lol Looks like yal had lots of fun! And my belly is getting much bigger(that pic was from April, I'm just slow getting em up there)I will post one soon for sure! and if you look closely at that water bottle- its called Wusskey! haha I thought it was soo funny, and was totally drinking it!?! And as you can tell, all my friends were not! Austin, is just beautiful! Not as humid as the rest of Texas though. But I could definitely live there again!!

Chelsey Howard said...

That's so fun! 50 yrs is so long! That's awesome that you guys went all out and did a fun party:) And I'm glad Chris shaved, I have to admit I was scared at first when I saw the pic.

eva said...

Great pics! Make sure Nana see's this. She'll appreciate your words at the end.

Andie said...

Hi Tatiana, hope you don't mind me tagging in to leave a comment. Your pictures of Tio Joe and Tia Hope are so awesome!! You and your family are so cute!! I am so sorry we missed it. I still have the invite on my blackboard cuz I like looking at their wedding picture. :) Anyways tell the family Hi for me. Love, Tia Andie

Phil and Lauren said...

do you know what that party was missing...more white people!! That would have been so much fun, and I had no idea Benjamin was engaged!!