Last tuesday, my wonderful husband and I went to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico to celebrate his 25th birthday! He is always doing stuff for my birthday so this year I told him this was all about him. I was suprised he let me plan it. We had such a fun time. This is where we also went on our honeymoon and we just love it there. We had a layover in Dallas, which is where my parents live, so we dropped the boys off with them and had the whole week to ourselves. Huge thanks to the parentals for watching them. They loved it!

Checkin' out the beach scene.

Chillin' with Senor Frog.

BIRTHDAY BOY!!! Entering our hotel room. It was so nice. We had an ocean view....but wait we had a freakin palm tree that decided to have a palm lean down in our balcony. So that huge thing kinda blocked our view but it was ok. Not like we spent that much time in there anyway.

The guy in the socks here, never seen a more flamboyant mexican in my whole life! He was incredible.

Our hotel from the pool view.

Really?? Don't worry Chris had to buy a shirt.

Out to eat... after the trip we realized that that was all we did was eat!

One night we went to Carlos O'Briens. LOVE this place. They are crazy. Best Chimichanga I have ever had. But this clown came and gave us these balloon things, every one had them.

FYI, I am terrified of clowns. I didn't look at him at all and all of a sudden I felt this thing being put on my head and I froze. The look on my face was awesome. I didn't see it of course but I felt it. And I was just waiting to see him come around into my peripheral view. Luckily, for the clown, he didn't.

Outside Carlos O'Briens was this little boy just begging us for money and selling candy. So we bought like 3 of them and then Chris asked him when we left if he could take his picture with him. We gave him a dollar for his picture. Of course his mom was standing right there pushing him to beg. It is so sad how much the adults use their children for money.


The rain came down this day. It was insane. The roads were running rivers. However, the party didn't stop. It was rainy and windy and people kept swimming and kept playing volleyball. They are all about volleyball. And surpisingly they were all pretty good. Not like the best but they had good form. And could keep the ball under control. It was fun to watch them all get in to it.

Look at my hot husband! He looks so sexy! It was so nice to just lay there on my chair and watch them play. It made the 2 hours of laying in the hot, hot sun go by so much faster!

Check out that net! I finally convinced Chris to play with them. They played for 2 hours. LIke the 5 play, Chris totally faced this guy and he blammed it on the net. Which the net was drooping cause the bamboo stick had broken but they fixed it and he faced him again. True story. It was awesome.

Nice kissy face! So there they have this HUGE flea market. Every vendor pretty much has the same stuff but it is so fun to walk around.

Getting ready to do some exploring.

Carlos O'Briens! Go there if you want to have a good time surrounded by fun people.

This is a resurant we went to on our honeymoon and we went back to it. We sat at the table to the let on top, the balcony seat on our honeymoon. When we went back there was a couple sitting there so we waited for probably 45 minutes for them to leave to sit there again! By that time we were full on chips and salsa.
Sad Story Time: Enjoying our nice meal, Chris looks over and sees this little boy, can't be more like 9 years old, drinking a CORONA!! Straight up, no joke. It killed me, and the worst part was his parents were sitting there with him. Mexico is crazy and I don't think I would be able to raise my children there. It was just the saddest thing I have ever seen in my life!

oops forgot to turn this one around. but there were a ton of sand sculptures like this one of Virgin Mary. They were amazing!

A few block from our hotel was the Crepe place that I had said everytime we walked by that I wanted to have one of those cause I love crepes. We stopped in one day and discovered the most wonderful thing my tastebuds had ever tasted.

I had a nutella and bananas one. doesn't that look sooooo yummy?!?! It was.

Chris got a mozeralla and pepperoni one and that was better than any pizza in the whole world!!! Please, please if you ever go to Puerto Vallarta try their crepes. To die for!!
Another story: while we were walking on the beach some guy came up to Chris and asked him for a drink of his drink. Chris was like uuhhh....yeah sure. He took one more drink and just handed him his drink and said here man it's all yours. The guy spoke spanish and only spanish so for like the 5 mintues he walked next to us talking to Chris. Luckily he understood what he was saying and he could talk back. But how random was that.??
We want to make it a tradition for us to go back to PV every year or every other year. It is so much fun and we always have a good time. Maybe it's because we love being with each other but either way we have an incredible time there!!
12 comments:
What a fun trip! It's nice to get away for a bit without the kids. Happy Birthday to Chris. Wow your post made me hungry for Mexican food and crepes! Yum! Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!
K, weird I wouldn't give some random person my drink! And about the palm tree on your balcony, you said "oh well, we weren't in the room that much" Yeah right, if I know you at all you guys were probably in the room at least half the time, hello you didn't have the kids, lol:) I'm glad you guys had fun though, its so nice to get away! And I miss you, I seiously haven't talked to you in FOREVER, Forever:) But I still love you. p.s. how skinny you are makes me sick! I'm jealous!
So fun :)
What the CRAP! You are so frickin' skinny Tat! What is the trick?
Looks like fun there! Do you guys have to have passports to go?
Yo tengo el bano? So, I officially decided that we should go to Mexico together. Vamos las Mexico!
FYI: I took a year of Spanish and I am pretty much amazing at it. (j/k)
So...seriously...Porters + Bradshaws + Mexico = one hell of a time.
I'm glad you guys had a nice, well deserved, vacation. I'll be 25 this month too...wonder where Trace will take me? Maybe Taco Bell- it's kind of Mexican right?
Oh and one more thing...if we go to Mexico together you'll probably have to gain like 50 lbs or so. Otherwise I would just look like that lady in the black swimsuit, in that one picture, standing next to you. Your swim suit is Hella cute too!
AND- thanks for blogging again. I've missed you.
Oh and ps. All those food pictures make me just want to fly down to Mexico right now. Holy food. It's amazing.
OH and PSS. Great Margirita's at Senior Frogs huh? OH yum. (Spent a few spring breaks down there. And let me tell you...it was C-R-A-Z-Y!!) ha ha.
AND I totally forgot to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTOPHER!!!
looks like you had a lot of fun. you look gorgeous by the way
Great pics Mi'ja! I'm making a disc for you as soon as my dumb computer will let me. Thanks for letting us watch the boys. Time went by too fast..i needed at least another week! Love you!!! Mom
What a nice wife and what a fun trip. I bet your parents loved having the boys. That worked out nice to have to be able to stop and drop them off on the way! Oh and nate did tell me he saw you at vball
looks like you two had a wonderful time! how nice that you can take a trip like that - i can't wait till school is done and i can treat myself to a trip to mexico ;)
you're boys are growing so fast! and they are the cutest things ever! hope all is well with your family!
Soooo Jealous!! That looks like so much fun. You look smokin hot in your bikini. So jealous of the food and your figure. You look amazing!!!
Post a Comment