11.18.2009

My New Calling!

Last sunday I go called to be the Young Women Secretary. I can not tell you how excited I was when the bishop asked me. I love YW's. All of my greatest memories from church, from feeling the spirit have all been from being in YW.  


Tonight we had Evening in Excellence. I already love the YW in our ward. They are so cute and they have such strong spirits.  At the end leaders and parents had about 10 minutes if they wanted to share their testimonies. YW is the only place I have ever born (is that even the right word?) my testimony. I knew from the beginning that I wanted to let these young women know my testimony, but I waited too long. Bishop got up and started his closing remarks. I always do that! my next goal is to share my testimony with them the next chance I get. There is just something about being in Young Women's that brings out the spirit in me. Maybe its the girls and seeing them and their faith. 


One of the challenges the president gave the girls is to hand out  pass along cards, I think its at least once a week. All the girls shared their experiences and the way it makes them feel. They are such an inspiration to me because I have NEVER been good at missionary work. I don't know how to just bring it up the way people can. This is going to really be a challenge for me but I am excited. I like challenges and seeing if I can do it...way out of my comfort zone. But it can be done! 


This is going to be so good for me and good for my family. It is going to help me bring the spirit in to our house and make things a little bit happier. I can already tell the 2 times I have been with the girls, every time I leave them I am in a better mood. I am so excited to be in there and to learn from the girls . It's going to be so much fun and uplifting.

8 comments:

eva said...

You're are going to do great in the YW! I'm so glad that you have such a positive attitude and are ready to share your testimony. You have such a special spirit about you that you will be able to feel your testimony grow as you fulfill your calling. You have a lot to offer those young women. Read your scriptures 5 minutes a day, pray day and night and smile! Love, Mom

eva said...

Love the little peanut already!!!

Unknown said...

What an awesome calling! Congrats!

Chelsey Howard said...

Your so cute! I think YW would be such a fun calling. A Lot of work though too, every Wednesday and Sunday and any other mtgs. But you are gonna be amazing. Such a good calling for you:) Those girls are gonna adore you.

Taralee said...

holy blogger! look at you! I had so much to read and get caught up on.
you sure seem like you've been busy.
1. congrats on the calling. YM is way fun. i'm sure you are pretty much the coolest leader ever.
2. your boys are seriously the cutest boys on the block. they are simply adorable.
3. sorry christopher robin is sick. i hope he feels better soon. (the suns are doing good- so that should make him feel a little better.)
4. CONGRATS on the new little peanut!
5. your jack-o-lantersn look pretty darn sweet.
6. Disneyland looks amazing. I want to go. looks like you guys had a great time- even though chris was still sick.
7. I don't know how to help you with the cool fonts thing. I haven't figured that out yet. me not smart e-nuff.
8. yes- i think i should borrow some of your "dp"...i need another baby.
9. yes- we need to get together and chill. come sledding with us up here. we have a killer mountain in front of our house.

OK- that's all. k bye.

melissa hogle said...

How fun! I did Young Women's for a while too and it was the best!

Rachel said...

You will be a great example to those girls! They will love having you as one of their leaders. I love your great attitude in your calling. You and your family will be blessed!!
Also, about pass along cards... In relief society each week we have a "missionary moment" (actually today I shared one - but it was my first graders missionary moment, not mine). But the other week somebody said that when ever they see a man holding a sign wanting money (usually on the exit of a free way). She stops and tells them she doesn't have any money but she does have this, to call these people and they can share a life changing message with them. She then hands them a pass along card tied up cute to a granola bar.
Just a suggestion...but it might be a good start.

*Becky* said...

that's awesome! congrats on your calling!! you'll be great for those girls