5.27.2008

My First Trip to UTAH

This past weekend we went up to Utah to visit some of Chris's mission companions. I have never been to Utah. I know...I am probably the only one that has never been there. But it was beautfiul. This is going to be a long post cause there are a ton of pictures! Enjoy. Bryson is in love with airplanes. He was so excited when he saw them outside. He did so good on the plane. On the way there he slept the whole time. It was on the way back that we had some troubles. He was so tired but he just kept fighting it. Finally the last like 20 minutes of the flight he fell asleep! Overall he was so good! Jaxon didn't go with us this time. With him being sick so much lately I didn't want to chance it with the cold weather.
We stayed with Trace and Taralee Porter and their little boy Brody. They took us up to Sundance. It was sooo cold. There were only clumps of snow left, ok maybe they were more ice but B still loved it.
Trace and Brody
So this is supposed to be a summer house. I said that right...a SUMMER HOUSE! What the?? Are they serious?!?!? That house was huge. Someday...someday.
Bryson is such an outdoor boy. He ran around everywhere. He had a little touble walking up the hill. His balance is trying to work its self out.
Ok, Tara had 57 boxes of cereal! They were so cheap she just bought a ton of them. I wish they would have had some different choices of cereal!

Saturday was such a gorgeous day. The Porter's front yard open up to a huge field right at the base of the mountains. We got out some games and played. Chris was trying to teach B how to throw a frisbee.
Isn't this breathtaking! I have lived in Oregon and Alaska but nothing was more pretty then thse mountains. Everywhere you looked there you were surrounded by mountains. Oh we were in Provo by the way.
Here is Thomas...Nick Thomas, Chris's other comp. They come over and chilled all day with us.
Chris came in 2nd place when we played.. ok I don't know how to spell it but its that game with the stick and you hit the ball through the metal loop things. Trace won, I think he cheated :)
Bryson loved Brody. Tara and I were in the kitchen and I looked down and Bryson was RIDING Brody like a horse. It was the funniest thing ever. This makes me excited for when Jaxon gets older cause they will play so good together.


We went to Lehi to see Thomas's parents. And they have a bulldog named Chief who rides skateboards. Just like Meaty on Rob & Big. You see all these videos on You Tube and the TV but never in real life. It was awesome. This dog was the coolest dog. He would get on and ride it down the hill. When it hit the sidewalk he would jump off.
Chief would run on it back up the hill. They had like 5 skateboards and they hid his new skateboard and he knew which skateboard was his. They were all his but he knew he had a new one and he wanted that one. Seriously, I want a bulldog just for the coolness of them.



Tara and Brody. Brody is chunkster! He is so cute. When he talks he sounds like a gremlin.
Bryson was not having it with this deer head.
Smiling moose??
Here is Brandy. She is Thomas's wife.


oops, sorry duplicate.




We put the boys in a cart and it was so funny to see them together in there. Bryson and Brody are going to be good friends, and Jaxon will be right behind them. I wish we all lived by each other. They are so much fun to hang out with. They are the funniest people you will ever meet. On the way to Provo from Salt Lake there was an accident so we were stuck in traffic for an hour. And Trace decided that he could touch a semi from the car. So he pulled up next to it and was touching the tire. I was scared. And he would just honk and wave at people. It was great. Thomas and his wife were awesome too! I am so glad I finally got to meet them. The 3 guys together are so much alike it was crazy. I have heard so many storied about them and just to put all 3 of them together I now could picture the stories in my head and they were 10 times more funnier. The last night we were there we all went out to eat at Brick Oven. It was yummy. My friend Autmun Bretzing lives there now and she has a little boy. He is 10 months old. Isn't he soo cute?!?
This is her little family. Autumn, Skate and Ben. It was so nice to see her and visit with her and see her boy. Bryson kept calling him Jaxon. Skate is so tiny but walks everywhere. He was adorable! Our overall trip to Utah was pretty good. We didn't get to go to Salt Lake like I would have liked but Trace did drive us around there and I got to see Temple Square and the new conference center. That is huge!! Oh my goodness we were blown away by its giantism. What I loved most about Utah were the flowers. Tulips are my fav flower and they were all over. I can't wait to go back someday. Hopefully sooner than later!!











10 comments:

eva said...

Sounds like so much fun. I love the picture of Bryson looking out the window at the airport and of the deer head. That must have been so scary for him. I don't know about Utah mountain being prettier than Alaska or Oregon...Utah is pretty though. Glad you had a great trip! Love you! Mom

eva said...

Oh yeah! I like the change of opening picture...too much kissing with the other one :)

admin said...

girl, how did i not know you lived in ALASKA??? when and where?!

looks like you guys had a TON of fun. i've always wanted to check out utah to see what all the fuss is about ;D

-molly

Chelsey Howard said...

You weirdo, you've been to all these crazy places and never Utah?! K I haven't talked to you in forever!!! Life is crazy, but I still love you. I'm glad you guys had fun in Utah. Bryson looks adorable, of course! I love the pic. with him in a sweter and a green vest!!! So fun that you got to see Autumn!!! K call me already, I'm sick of phone tag!

Anonymous said...

Don't you love Utah- I would totally move there if it wasn't soo cold in the winter! It is soo pretty- I have never been to Oregon- but I have imagined it even prettier than Utah. You are so lucky you got to live there! OH- and I cannot believe Autumn already has a little boy - it is so crazy to me - all these cute little ones!! Glad you had such a good trip :)

Unknown said...

I have only been to Utah 2 times-- so don't feel bad! I do love it though! Good thing you got to fly... Our last trip there we drove and it was double the time because we had to stop a lot cuz of the kids!
Autumns little boy is adorable! I didn't know she had a baby??? He is the same age as Parker.

Anonymous said...

Oh- I forgot to tell you in my last comment... I discovered this weekend I still somehow had one black and gold dress left! So, if you still want it- it is yours. Just let me know :)

Laura said...

Hi Tatiana!
This is Laura Schalk -- I came across your blog while looking at Holly's. I wanted to say hi and that your kids are super cute!! Time's gone by fast since school's finished!

Hope you guys are doing well!

Laura

Spence Ohana said...

I didn't realize you guys had a blog!? So cool, now I can read up on what's going on with you guys. So you're back in AZ? Looks like you guys had a fun trip to Utah. I can't believe how much Bryson has grown since we last saw him! So cute.

Chelsey Howard said...

Hey if you have any pic. of pf changs will you post it or email it to me, mine didn't turn out:(