10.26.2008

My little man turns 2!

Bryson turned 2 on saturday!! He is so big. We went to Jump and Shout with our friends and family and had a blast! Something happened while I was trying to post all the pictures, so they are all out of order and I don't want to go back and re-do it all. Malia just had her goulbladder out friday, the day before the party and she was there! What an awesome cousin!
Jaxon loved playing on the baby part.


here they go!! Daddy and the Birthday Boy!

YAYY!!!!



Bryson always turned around going down this slide.





Jadie went down to the bottom to catch him.





She was a good helper with him. Someday she will be the babysitter I call! :)




Jordan flew down the slide!







Look at me!!








Holly was in her own world the whole time, she was playing house all by herself.





















haha it looks like he is going to fly off! He didn't though.











umm not so much.











Chris could not slide down, he kept stopping right at the second hump.













Present time! There were so many helpers with his presents. He started to get a little mad and hit Tylee right in the head with one of his cars. Don't mess with a boy and his toys!














Thanks Tayter!














Happy Birthday to Bryson!















His "special" cupcake. Thanks sister for making those by the way, you're the best!


















Don't worry, he found the basketball game.


















His new tric!


















Helping Daddy. He actually just banged on it.




















Daddy trying to put it together.






















Who needs wheels!









all the kids gathering to see his tricycle
Told you they were out of order, and i think I put so many more on but I dont know where they went. Oh well, there were so many pictures taken and I dont know how to make a slideshow.
Bryson was fearless, it took him a minute to warm up to it but after he did he wouldn't stop. There was an area where Jaxon could crawl around fun things and he was all over them. Bryson got so many fun toys. Chris and I got him a Cars tricylce. He can't quite reach the peddles yet but he still pushes himself around and pushes all the buttons. My mom sent him a present like every day this week and then a big package on friday. All day he kept singing Happy Birthday to you! He is the sweetest boy. I am so blessed to have him! I have never written down the story of him being born or the first couple of months with him, so this next part is more for me. Feel free to read.
Chris and I didn't have a "normal" LDS relationship. We lived with each other for a couple months before we got married. When we got engaged we knew we wanted kids right away. We just didnt expect how soon it was going to happen. We even had a name picked out. I took a pregnancy test about 1 month before our wedding date and it was negative. We had planned on getting married in May but we had moved our date about 3 times and ended with Feb 25. On my wedding day, my dress wasn't fitting right, my boobs were swollen. I couldn't zip it up all the way. It was terrible! The thought never crossed my mind that I could be pregnant. I just kept thinking dang it I am going to start my period soon. Nobody thought about it, my best friends didn't question it...nothing. Even at the reception people asked me how soon we wanted kids I said maybe in a few months...The next day we went on our honeymoon to Puerto Vallarta, Mexcio. And I was not feeling good at all. I couldn't do anything, smells were making me sick. We went on a little cruise out to an island and the sea was making sick. I had no idea what was going on. Then Chris suggested that I was pregnant. We went to, I think it was Wal Mart. Of course, the freaking box was in spanish! And you had to get the at the pharamcy, they don't just have them in an aisle. So we got to our room and took the test, we took 2 different ones. Luckily we kinda knew some spanish but we didn't want to rely on that, so we took it to the computer and let it do the translating for us. Sure enough, I was pregnant! No wonder my dress didn't fit! Now it all made sense. We were so excited. Well, ok, at first it was like Oh my gosh what do we do now! Chris was terrified! So the months went on, and I gained 50, yes 50, large pounds with Bryson! I carried him so wide and the weight was all over! It was a stressful pregnancy, I had my appendix out during my first trimester. I believe I was 3 months prego. My doctor told me I needed to stop eating becuase I was gaining so much weight and fast. That really stressed me out, how was I suposed to feed my baby! And on top of that Chris and I were newlyweds! Try being pregnant and trying to get your married life in order. 9 months later I went into labor. Bryson was a week early and weighed 7.9 , and was 21 inches long. I was in labor for 22 hours. I had such a hard labor with him that I put so much stress on his head when I was pushing. For some reason I couldn't get the pushing down. So when he came out he had a great big cone head and a smooshed face. Chris was so scared that it was going to stay like that. but he was healthy, and eventually his head started to look better. Chris even cut the cord, at first he said no way he wasn't cutting it, but he gave in. I had a hard time being home with him. I loved him so much but at the same time I was freaked out, I was very possesive of him and didn't like other people to hold him. Things got better and I figured out how to balance it all.
Bryson was the best blessing we could have had! I would not have changed any part of it, we love him and his sweet spirit that he brings into our family. He keep us laughing. Nothing brings me greater joy then seeing him laugh and him giving me kisses. Bryson is a great big brother and loves to play...sometimes, depending on what toy it is...with Jaxon. Happy Birthday Son!

9 comments:

Holly said...

I know exactly what you mean about being pregnant the first year of marriage. When I found out I was pregnant (not even married for 2 months) Mark wouldn't believe the preg test and kept sending me back to get more testing done. We were sooo scared when we got the first results! But just like you said, I wouldn't change the way any of it happened-I'm so glad we have Noah with us now!!!

eva said...

I wish I could have been there. I'm glad you wrote all this...I printed it off so Bryson can read it one day. That place looks like a lot of fun! Love you!!!

Unknown said...

What a fun b-day! I love those indoor bounce places!

Spence Ohana said...

Happy Birthday to Bryson!!! James got a tric for his 2nd birthday too! :-)

Was neat reading your story.

Chelsey Howard said...

What a fun Birthday! YOu are such a cute mom tat:) I bet Bryson thought it was the best day of his life:)

Sharisa at Outstanding Occasions said...

Oh so cute, little kid's birthday parties always look so fun!

Brannon and Leslie said...

That looks like so much fun. Where is that place at? Oh, and I gained 50 pounds with both pregnancie. AWESOME!!!!

Taralee said...

Holy pictures!!! Now that's a party...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your little man. I can't believe he is only 2. He seems so much more advanced than that.
Oh and I can teach you how to be domestic if you guys would just MOVE UP TO UTAH! I would even by the NBA channel so that we wouldn't miss any Suns games. Come on...you know you want to.
I love Jaxon's chubster cheeks. I just want to munch on them. I'm pretty sure you have the cutest kids...ever. Oh and I'm glad that Bryson recovered from the "cone head/smooshed face"...so did Brody. He had a rough delivery too.

Anonymous said...

fun, you are such a hottie of a mom