10.21.2009

Sweet Prayers of Innocence


Last night Bryson said our nightly prayer, like he always does. This time we were praying with more of a purpose:

 Last thursday, my sweet husband was disgnosed with H1N1. Needless to say we have not been at home we have been staying at my grandparents house. He was extremely sick and could not do anything for himself. Luckily my parents are in town this week and without them I am not sure how this past week would have all played out. My mom has taken Chris to the ER 3 times, taken him food, actually she made him eat soup. And my dad is there with him right now. They kicked me out of the ER because of the pregnancy. Which was so hard, its been so difficult to not be able to be there for my husband, but I know he is in good hands there. Yesterday Chris had a follow-up appointment with our family doctor. There has been this pain in Chris's head that just won't go away. It is the most extreme pain I have ever seen him in. When he went to see the doctor, he said Chris had no more signs of the flu and what had happened was when he first went to the ER they did a spinal tap on him. Well during that, they punctured something in his lumbar spine which is causing his head to have the worst headache in the world. So right now, he is at the hospital getting a patch put on the hole through radiology. As soon as he gets this procedure done, he will feel great right away.
I am so thankful the doctor told him what was wrong! We are on our way to Disneyland tomorrow for Bryson's birthday and I was getting so frustrated that he would not be able to go.

Bryson's prayer went a little something like this:
Please bless mommy, Nana, my other Nana, Tata, Grandpa Don, Uncle Tone, Aunt Madi, Bailey, Jordan, Buzz Lightyear, my daddy so he won't be sick and I can give him hugs and kisses, grandma, papa, Brutus (who is our new puppy...will save for a later post) and Brother. thank you for my toys Amen.

I had tears in my eyes, it was so sweet.
I am so thankful my husband is going to get better in time for our big weekend! I could not live without him much longer.
I am thankful to have him in my life and to be loved by such a great man.
I am blessed with such sweet children who bring the spirit in to our lives.

6 comments:

Chelsey Howard said...

That is so sweet:) I'm glad Chris is gonna be okay, that stinks that he was sick for so long:( Have fun at Disneyland!! I'm so jealous! My sister in law is gonna be there this weekend too:)

Spence Ohana said...

Tatiana, our prayers are with your family. Poor Chris and all he's gone through - I hope he feels better real soon!

Rachel said...

Hey girl! I'm so sorry all that Chris has been going through (and you being the wife). I'm glad to hear that he's going to okay.
I just got back from Disneyland (check out my pics...I have a blog now! rachelandbabyparker.blogspot.com). You guys will have a great time. Miss you lots!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post! I hope Chris feels better soon. You are such a sweet wife Tat.

eva said...

There was never a dull moment, was there?! I'm glad I was there to help. You should blog the rest of the story.... Love you!!

Alexa Mae said...

My darling friend,
I know how you must feel and how hard the last few weeks have been on all of you. You are an amazing mom and wife. Stay strong girl. I'm so glad he is getting better so you can go have a great family trip...embrace it!! Xoxo