9.08.2010

Our turn for back to school



The time finally came for me to say "I'll see you later" to Bryson as I dropped him off at his classroom. He didn't even cry when I left, no clinging NOTHING! He walked right in to his classroom and sat down and started playing with the other kids. He even told the teacher his name. It was amazing. I had been worrying about it all night and on the drive to school. He was so big in there all by himself not needing me. If you know my son, you know that he is very shy and doesn't like to do things by himself unless he knows I'm right in the other room. School is a wonderful cure for that. 


The night before school we started the tradition of the first day of school father's blessings. Chris gave him the sweetest blessing. And Bryson remembered it the next day. He told me when we got in the car that his daddy gave him a blessing that he will have lots of friends and learn a lot in school. It was so sweet that he took it so seriously. 


It's gonna be a good year!






***After Bryson's blessing, Jaxon wanted one too. He climbed up on the chair and repeated every word Chris said like he was saying the prayer. It was so cute. 



1 comment:

Spence Ohana said...

I missed this post. How cute is he, so proud wearing his backpack. Glad he is enjoying school. Is he doing preschool full time?